Wednesday, October 10, 2007
Tuesday, October 9, 2007
I moved to California seven years ago with a big idea of looking for different experiences and transformation, and the biggest change was continuing my education. Some other changes in my life are the following:
I have lived in Oceanside since 2000.
I have worked for 48 hours per week and little overtime.
I have a big family, a mother, brothers and sons, and they live in Mexico.
I have studied English for one year at MiraCosta Collage.
I have an idea that day by day I will get better in my listening and speaking in English.
I have experienced different changes in holidays, for example Labor Day and Thanksgiving.
I have missed my family, Mexican food and weekends with them.
I have had some problems with co-workers in my job.
Monday, October 8, 2007
- I came to California after I graduated from college in Hong Kong. I moved here because I had gotten married with a marine who is stationed at Camp Pendleton, Oceanside. Since I have moved here, my life has changed.
- I have been married since May 3, 2006 after graduating from college.
I have never worked before, but I am going to work when I finish college in the United States.
I have moved to Canyon Drive, Oceanside, and have lived there since April, 2007.
I have made some friends of different nationalities since I came to MiraCosta College to study English.
I have learned to be a good wife in order to take care of my husband and household.
I have traveled to Orlando, Florida, Charlotte, North Carolina, Las Vegas, Nevada and Los Angeles in the United States. I have planned to go to Big Bear and San Francisco in winter.
I have gone to the beaches several times because I live near the Pacific Ocean.
In conclusion, I have given up all my friends and family in Hong Kong, but I think this is worth it. I can be with my husband and restart my life in a strange country. It is so exciting and challenging.
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
When I Moved to California
When I moved to California I had not graduated from high school in my country, Afghanistan. Almost three years ago I started to come to school, and since that time, many events and changes have occurred in my life. Before I have started to resume my education I have had some life changing experiences:
· I have lived in two different places: San Francisco and now in Oceanside.
· I have not worked in any store and or companies, but I have taken care of my family .
· I have learned a little bit about the United States.
· I have learned a very importance thing: how to drive.
· I have had one girl and then I became a mother of second daughter.
· I have pretty much forgotten my second language, Pashto. Fortunately I have studied English and I have picked up a lot of English.
· I have made many friendly acquaintances but not a lot of life-long friends.
· I have traveled to Oregon and Washington, and I have also visited Canada.
· I have lived close to the Oceanside beach but have never swum at the beach.
· Finally, I have started to take more classes, and now I am on my way to getting my American high school diploma.
In conclusion, I have experienced some good and bad times, and from these experiences I have learned that life is short, so enjoy it and make yourself happy.
I moved with my family to California five years after my Lord told me and put in my heart this message: “You must study well the Bible, and after a few years you will go to the U.S.” Since that time, many events and changes have occurred in my life, and I have had some life-changing experiences:
· I have worked as a dentist at the dental clinic “Evrodent.”
· I have had good experiences, and I have earned a degree specialization in “Teeth restoration.”
· Also. every Saturday and Sunday I have visited three Christian churches: “Khaim Khadashi,” “Agape,” and “New Life.”
· I have studied the Bible and other Christians books, and I have visited very many Christian conferences and lessons.
· In the work place in the dental clinic I have had very many patients and I have had a good salary.
· I have made donations three years for $30 every month to the Christian channel CNL. This was my little a drop in the big in the Ocean of the Universe.
· My husband, I , and my son have won “Green Cards” in the company “Liberty” in Almaty, Kazakhstan.
· I and my family have come to the U.S. The day was February 19, 2005.
In conclusion, I have experienced some wonderful times, and in this time my family has visited the big American church in Oceanside.
The people in the World have more the envy and hatred, and the people have too many different fears, but I believe in the future, because:
“ Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, he (Jesus Christ) Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil,”
And I believe, the humanity will shake his brain, and will achieve the other galactic.
I moved to California in April 2007 after having grown up in Japan my whole life. Since that time, some remarkable events and changes have occurred in my life, and I have had some life-changing experiences:
• I have lived in two different places: Rancho Penasquitos and now in San Clemente. I like both of them because California is convenient compared with other states.
• I haven’t worked here yet, although I had worked two jobs after finishing graduate school in Japan. I would like to work here once I receive my Green card. This is one of my big goals.
• My husband and I got married in May 2007 after being together about two and a half years in Japan. We are still enjoying our new marriage and God has given even more awesome times and things to us since then!
• I have learned my roles as a wife in the biblical marriage: submitting to my husband, letting him make decisions about everything, cooking, cleaning, doing laundry and so on. I hadn’t done these things at all before getting married. Now I truly respect what my mother does for my father. She has done a great job, yet I am still in the learning process of my role.
• I have looked for a home church and have tried several internationally famous churches here. I traveled over one hour to go to these churches. I have finally found my home church recently and it is just five minutes away from my house!
• I have pretty much forgotten the German language I studied while I was in college in Japan, but my English has progressed since I communicate with native English speakers not only my husband but also other friends.
• I have made some friends, but not as many as I made in Japan yet. I hope in the future I can make more friends here than I made there.
• I have experienced my car breaking down on the highway when I was driving by myself!! I was panicked, but I calmed down at once and called my car insurance company for towing my car. I am becoming tough day by day.
• I haven’t hung clothes after washing as one of Japanese habits since I moved here. I don’t like to use a dryer for my clothes so I hang them inside my house in front of the window.
I conclusion, I have experienced some interesting times or events, and from these experiences I have learned that these trials were from God and He hasn’t allowed me to experience anything I couldn’t overcome. All these were for my good.